The Bayram Group conducts experimental research using the laser pulse interaction with atoms and molecules and ideas of quantum physics. Students at all levels are engaged in hands-on learning experiences. Research projects are supported by the National Science Foundation.
- 2018-09 Michael and Dinesh presented at the APS Division of Atomic, Molecular & Optical Physics, 49th Annual DAMOP Meeting, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- 2017-08 AMO group welcomes graduate students Dinesh Wagle & Michael Saaranen as an NSF-supported Research Assistants. Have a wonderful academic year!
- 2017-08 Congratulations to both Michael Saaranen and Jacob McFarland for sucessfully completing their senior Capstone projects. Good luck on future studies!
- 2017-05 Jacob and Michael presented their research at the 2017 Miami UR Forum. Nice job guys!
- 2017-02 Major upgrade of the spectrometer system has been received.
- 2016-11 Congratulations to Tim Horton for successfullly defending his Master's thesis. Great job!
- 2016-09 Our group welcomes Maggie Mize, Ziwei Zhang, Michael Saaranen and Rohan Radke.
- 2016-09 Congratulations to the group members for their hard work and NSF Award! We have now open NSF supported RA positions. Contact Dr. Bayram
- 2016-06 Summer research group, Tim, Jacob & Matt (US Scholar), with great start!
- 2016-06 Jacob McFarland presented our work at DAMOP, Rhode Island.
- 2016-05 Group's Great Job presenting at Talawanda Science Week. Link
- 2016-05 Congratulations to Briana, Jacob and Matt for receiving Commendation in Undergraduate Research Awards!
- 2016-05 Congratulations to Briana Vamosi for being accepted to Cincinnati Medical School!
- 2016-05 Congratulations to Briana for successfully completing her capstone project!
- 2016-04 Group presentations by Jacob and Tim at OSAPS spring 2016 in Dayton.
- 2016-03 Congratulations to Matt Kelly for receiving 2016 Undergrad. Summer Scholar Award.
- 2016-02 LaTeX workshop opened for all students. See Dr. Bayram for more information.
Our Research & Group News Releases
- 2015-05-01 Campus News about our group's outreach activity Link
- 2016-02-19: Promotion and Tenure
- 2015-05-01 Bayram receives APS 2015 Award Link
- 2014-11-26 Miami University Physics, posting on Nov. 26. 2014, Link
- 2014-11-24 Miami Students are Using New Laser Technology, Miami In The News, Link
- 2014-11-24 Lasers Sheds New Light on Molecules at Miami, NPR Radio Station, Link
- 2014-8-20 Spotlight of Briana Vamosi (junior), Link
- 2009-02-19: Promotion and Tenure
- 2008-10-28: Atomic collisions from basic research to new technologies Link
- 2015-11 Our group welcomes Matt Kelly and Ben Groves (FYRE).
- 2015-11 Congratulations to Jacob McFarland for a successful Physics Seminar talk.
- 2015-10 Congratulations to Salah Uddin for project presentation at OSAPS.
- 2015-09 Congratulations to Maha Aljohani and Tim Horton for presenting their projects at the Graduate Symposium.
- 2015-09 Congratulations to all students in our group for publication in Optics Communication!
- Congratulations to Phill Arndt and Amal Qassadi! They have been accepted to doctoral programs!
- 2015-08 Congratulations to Phill Arndt (PhD Temple) and Amal Qassadi (PhD WPI) successfully submitting their theses and receiving their M.Sc. in Physics.
- 2015-06 Jacob McFarland, Salahuddin and Phill presented at DAMOP, Columbus. Link
- 2015-05 Amal Qassadi received PhD offer from WPI and Phill Arndt from Temple University.
- 2015-05 Congratulations to Phill Arndt for Outstanding Graduate Research Award. Patrick Boyle (post-group graduate) for Outstanding Senior Award! , Jacob McFarland and Briana Vamosi for Commendation Undergraduate Research Awards.
- 2015-04 Briana, Jacob and Bradley present at the 21st Miami Undergraduate Research Forum.
- 2015-03 Congratulations to Jacob McFarland for receiving Undergraduate Summer Scholar Award!
- 2015-03 Congratulations to Briana Vamosi for being selected to present her research at the US Capital Hill in Washington D.C. through Posters-on-the-Hill program.
- 2015-01 Congratulations to Salahuddin, Phill and Tim for receiving NSF Research Assistanships.
2014-12 Our work on Quantum Beat Spectroscopy has been published. Congratulations to the group!
2014-11 Congratulations to the research group, broadcasted on WVXU Radio Station this morning! Link
2014-11 Phill Arndt presents two research projects at the 2014 Graduate Research Forum. Link
2014-10 Jacob McFarland and Patrick Boyle presented their research at Miami Physics Seminar. Great Job!
2014-10 Briana Vamosi (class of 2016) on the Student Spotlight! Link
2014-10 Welcome to Amal
Qassadi (grad) joining to our research group.
2014-09 Watch Patrick and Jacob describing their research and future plans at Miami CAS site. Video Link
2014-09 Welcome to Salah Uddin (grad), Tim Horton (grad) & Maha Aljohani (grad) joining to our resarch group.
2014-07 Our research group is on Miamian summer 2014 magazine. Link
2014-05 Our group went live on Miami top news on May 9-Congratulations to Briana, Phill, Jacob & Patrick Link
2014-05 Congratulations to undergraduate students Jacob McFarland and Patrick Boyle for receiving Department of Physics Undergraduate Research Awards.
2014-05 Congratulations to graduate student Phill Arndt for receiving the Department of Physics Outstanding Research by 1st Year Student Award.
2014-04 Graduate student Phill Arndt presented our work on 'quantum beats spectroscopy of the hyperfine evolution in excited cesium' at the OSAPS/APS conference. Link
2014-04 Undergraduate students Briana Vamosi and Jacob McFarland presented at the 2014 Miami Undergraduate Research Forum. Link
2014-04 Congratulations to Briana Vamosi for being selected to present 'molecular spectroscopy of iodine' at the US Capital Hill in Washington D.C. through Posters-on-the-Hill program by Miami University.