The Bayram Research Group conducts research into the light-matter interaction
using nanosecond and picosecond pulses of laser light, atomic & molecular vapor and ideas of quantum physics.
- 2015-04 Briana, Jacob and Bradley present at the 21st Miami Undergraduate Research Forum.
- 2015-03 Congratulations to Jacob McFarland for receiving Undergraduate Summer Scholar Award!
- 2015-03 Congratulations to Briana Vamosi for being selected to present her research at the US Capital Hill in Washington D.C. through Posters-on-the-Hill program.
- 2015-01 Congratulations to Salahuddin, Phill and Tim for receiving NSF Research Assistanships.
- 2014-12 Our work on Quantum Beat Spectroscopy has been published. Congratulations to the group!
- 2014-11 Congratulations to the research group, broadcasted on WVXU Radio Station this morning! Link
- 2014-11 Phill Arndt presents two research projects at the 2014 Graduate Research Forum. Link
- 2014-10 Jacob McFarland and Patrick Boyle presented their research at Miami Physics Seminar. Great Job!
- 2014-10 Briana Vamosi (class of 2016) on the Student Spotlight! Link
- 2014-10 Welcome to Amal
Qassadi (grad) joining to our research group.
- 2014-09 Watch Patrick and Jacob describing their research and future plans at Miami CAS site. Video Link
- 2014-09 Welcome to Salah Uddin (grad), Tim Horton (grad) & Maha Aljohani (grad) joining to our resarch group.
- 2014-07 Our research group is on Miamian summer 2014 magazine. Link
- 2014-05 Our group went live on Miami top news on May 9-Congratulations to Briana, Phill, Jacob & Patrick Link
- 2014-05 Congratulations to undergraduate students Jacob McFarland and Patrick Boyle for receiving Department of Physics Undergraduate Research Awards.
- 2014-05 Congratulations to graduate student Phill Arndt for receiving the Department of Physics Outstanding Research by 1st Year Student Award.
- 2014-04 Graduate student Phill Arndt presented our work on 'quantum beats spectroscopy of the hyperfine evolution in excited cesium' at the OSAPS/APS conference. Link
- 2014-04 Undergraduate students Briana Vamosi and Jacob McFarland presented at the 2014 Miami Undergraduate Research Forum. Link
- 2014-04 Congratulations to Briana Vamosi for being selected to present 'molecular spectroscopy of iodine' at the US Capital Hill in Washington D.C. through Posters-on-the-Hill program by Miami University.
Our Research & Group News Releases
- 2014-11-26 Miami University Physics, posting on Nov. 26. 2014, Link
- 2014-11-24 Miami Students are Using New Laser Technology, Miami In The News, Link
- 2014-11-24 Lasers Sheds New Light on Molecules at Miami, NPR Radio Station, Link
- 2014-8-20 Spotlight of Briana Vamosi (junior), Link
- 2014-7-01 In a Whole New Light, Miamian Summer 2014 Link
- 2014-07-15 Measuring Energy Transfer, Research Videos, CAS Link
- 2014-05-09 New laser system at Miami beams red, green and purple to the delight of molecules Link
- 2009-02-19: Promotion and Tenure
- 2008-10-28: Atomic collisions from basic research to new technologies Link