The Bayram Research Group conducts research into the light-matter interaction
using nanosecond pulses and picosecond laser pulses of light, alkali-metal atomic vapor and ideas of quantum physics.
- 2014-05 Our group went live on Miami top news on May 9 -Congratulations to Briana, Phill, Jacob & Patrick Link
- 2014-05 Congratulations to undergraduate students Jacob McFarland and Patrick Boyle for receiving Department of Physics Undergraduate Research Awards.
- 2014-05 Congratulations to graduate student Phill Arndt for receiving the Department of Physics Outstanding Research by 1st Year Student Award.
- 2014-04 Graduate student Phill Arndt presented our work on 'quantum beats spectroscopy of the hyperfine evolution in excited cesium' at the OSAPS/APS conference. Link
- 2014-04 Undergraduate students Briana Vamosi and Jacob McFarland presented at the Annual Miami Undergraduate Research Forum.
- 2014-04 Congratulations to Briana Vamosi for being selected to present 'molecular spectroscopy of iodine' at the US Capital Hill in Washington D.C. through Posters-on-the-Hill program by Miami University.
Our Research News Releases at Miami:
- 2014-07-2014 In a Whole New Light, Miamian Summer 2014 Link
- 2014-05-09 New laser system at Miami beams red, green and purple to the delight of molecules Link
- 2009-02-19: Promotion and Tenure
- 2008-10-28: Atomic collisions from basic research to new technologies Link