The Bayram Group conducts research into the coherent light-matter interaction using lasers, atomic & molecular vapors and ideas of quantum physics.
- 2015-02 LaTeX workshop opened for all graduate and undergraduate students again. See Dr. Bayram for more information.
- 2015-11 Our group welcomes Matt Kelly and Ben Groves (FYRE).
- 2015-11 Congratulations to Jacob McFarland for giving a great Physics Seminar talk!
- 2015-10 Congratulations to Salah Uddin for sucessful project presentation at OSAPS!
- 2015-09 Congratulations to Maha Aljohani and Tim Horton for presenting at the Graduate Symposium.
- 2015-09 Congratulations to all students in our group for publication in Optics Communication!
- 2015-08 Congratulations to Phill Arndt (PhD Temple) and Amal Qassadi (PhD WPI) successfully submitting their theses and receiving their M.Sc. in Physics.
- 2015-06 Jacob McFarland, Salahuddin and Phill presented at DAMOP, Columbus. Link
- 2015-05 Amal Quassadi received PhD offer at WPI and Phill Arndt at Temple University.
- 2015-05 Congratulations to Phill Arndt for Outstanding Graduate Research Award. Patrick Boyle (post-group graduate) for Outstanding Senior Award! , Jacob McFarland and Briana Vamosi for Commendation Research Awards.
- 2015-04 Briana, Jacob and Bradley present at the 21st Miami Undergraduate Research Forum.
- 2015-03 Congratulations to Jacob McFarland for receiving Undergraduate Summer Scholar Award!
- 2015-03 Congratulations to Briana Vamosi for being selected to present her research at the US Capital Hill in Washington D.C. through Posters-on-the-Hill program.
- 2015-01 Congratulations to Salahuddin, Phill and Tim for receiving NSF Research Assistanships.
- 2014-12 Our work on Quantum Beat Spectroscopy has been published. Congratulations to the group!
- 2014-11 Congratulations to the research group, broadcasted on WVXU Radio Station this morning! Link
- 2014-11 Phill Arndt presents two research projects at the 2014 Graduate Research Forum. Link
- 2014-10 Jacob McFarland and Patrick Boyle presented their research at Miami Physics Seminar. Great Job!
- 2014-10 Briana Vamosi (class of 2016) on the Student Spotlight! Link
- 2014-10 Welcome to Amal
Qassadi (grad) joining to our research group.
- 2014-09 Watch Patrick and Jacob describing their research and future plans at Miami CAS site. Video Link
- 2014-09 Welcome to Salah Uddin (grad), Tim Horton (grad) & Maha Aljohani (grad) joining to our resarch group.
- 2014-07 Our research group is on Miamian summer 2014 magazine. Link
Our Research & Group News Releases
- 2015-05-01 APS 2015 Award Link
- 2014-11-26 Miami University Physics, posting on Nov. 26. 2014, Link
- 2014-11-24 Miami Students are Using New Laser Technology, Miami In The News, Link
- 2014-11-24 Lasers Sheds New Light on Molecules at Miami, NPR Radio Station, Link
- 2014-8-20 Spotlight of Briana Vamosi (junior), Link
- 2014-7-01 In a Whole New Light, Miamian Summer 2014 Link
- 2014-07-15 Measuring Energy Transfer, Research Videos, CAS Link
- 2014-05-09 New laser system at Miami beams red, green and purple to the delight of molecules Link
- 2009-02-19: Promotion and Tenure
- 2008-10-28: Atomic collisions from basic research to new technologies Link
- 2014-05 Our group went live on Miami top news on May 9-Congratulations to Briana, Phill, Jacob & Patrick Link
- 2014-05 Congratulations to undergraduate students Jacob McFarland and Patrick Boyle for receiving Department of Physics Undergraduate Research Awards.
- 2014-05 Congratulations to graduate student Phill Arndt for receiving the Department of Physics Outstanding Research by 1st Year Student Award.
- 2014-04 Graduate student Phill Arndt presented our work on 'quantum beats spectroscopy of the hyperfine evolution in excited cesium' at the OSAPS/APS conference. Link
- 2014-04 Undergraduate students Briana Vamosi and Jacob McFarland presented at the 2014 Miami Undergraduate Research Forum. Link
- 2014-04 Congratulations to Briana Vamosi for being selected to present 'molecular spectroscopy of iodine' at the US Capital Hill in Washington D.C. through Posters-on-the-Hill program by Miami University.