Many of these papers are posted on the Physics arXive, and copies may be found there. These and earlier papers are tabulated on Researcher ID.
Note: Undergraduate students are underlined, Master’s students are marked with an asterisk *.
30."Lifetime measurement in the E electronic state of iodine molecules", in preparation, 2016.
29. Z. Saglam, B. Boyacioglu, S.B. Bayram, "Electron-positron annihilation in terms of the quantum entanglement and the conservation of flux quantum", submitted, 2016.
28. Z. Saglam, B. Boyacioglu, S.B. Bayram, "Quantum flux associated with a photon on the basis of the Heisenberg uncertainty relation", Results in Physics, vol. 6, pg. 215 (2016).
27. Z. Saglam, M. Saglam, S.B. Bayram, T. Horton*, "The spinning period of a free electron and the periods of spin and orbital motions of electron in atomic states", Journal of Modern Physics, vol. 6, no. 15, pg. 2239 (2015).
26. M. Salahuddin*, P. Arndt*, J. McFarland and S.B. Bayram, "Time-resolved UV-IR pump-stimulated emission pump spectroscopy to probe collisional relaxation of 8p2P3/2Cs I", Optics Communications, vol. 356, pg. 536-540 (2015). Link arXiv:1505.04779
25. S.B. Bayram and M. Freamat, "Spectral Analysis of Laser Induced Fluorescence", 2015 BFY Proceedings, pg. 9-11 (2015). Link: http://www.compadre.org/advlabs/BFY/Proceedings/2015/#PRP2, or arXiv:1507.02600
24. S.B. Ocak, A.B. Selcuk, S.B. Bayram and A. Ozbay, "Frequency dependent dielectric properties of Al/maleic anhydride 9MA/p-Si structures", Journal of Optoelectronic and Advanced Materials, vol.17, no.11-12, pg.1747 (2015).
23. S.B. Bayram, M. Freamat and P.T. Arndt*, "Rotational Spectra of N+2: An Undergraduate laboratory in atomic and molecular spectroscopy", American Journal of Physics, vol. 83, pg. 867 (2015).
22. S.B. Bayram, P. Arndt*, O. Popov*, C. Guney*, P. Boyle, M.D. Havey and J. McFarland, "Quantum beat spectroscopy: stimulated emission probe of hyperfine quantum beats in the atomic Cs 8p 2P3/2 level," Physical Review A, vol. 90, pg. 062510 (2014). Link pdf
21. S.B. Bayram and M.V. Freamat , "Vibrational spectra of N2: An advanced undergraduate laboratory in atomic and molecular spectroscopy", American Journal of Physics, vol. 80, pg. 664-669 (2012).
Featured on the journal cover AJP
Bayram, D.S. Fisher*, O. Popov* and Z. Saglam, "Optical-optical double
resonance circular polarization spectroscopy: Measurement of the disorientation
cross section in J=1/2 Cs atoms", J. of Quantitative Spectroscopy
& Radiative Transfer (JQSRT), vol.113, 2066 (2012). PDF
19. S. Baumgartner*, S.J. Lauber and S.B. Bayram, "Determination of anisotropy-dependent inelastic collision cross
sections in atomic sodium using linear polarization spectroscopy", Phys. Rev. A 86, 062503 (2012). Link
18. Z. Saglam, S.B. Bayram, and M. Saglam, "Calculation of the effective g-factor for (nS1/2) - (nP3/2) - (n'S1/2) transitions in Hydrogen-like atoms and its application to the atomic cesium", Journal of Modern Physics, vol.1, 399-404 (2010). PDF
17. J. Blue, S.B. Bayram, D. Marcum, "
Creating, implementing, and sustaining an advanced optical spectroscopy laboratory course", American Journal of Physics 78, 503-509 (2010). PDF
16. S.B. Bayram, P. Koirala*, and B. Sympson, "Polarization spectroscopy to determine alignment depolarization of the 133Cs 6p^2P_3/2 atoms using pump-probe laser technique", Optics Communications, vol. 282, 1567-1573 (2009). PDF
15. S.B. Bayram and R. Marhatta*, "Anisotropy-dependent circular polarization spectra", Phys. Rev. A 78,
14. Günay Basar, Gönül Basar, S. Burçin Bayram and Sophie Kröger, "Hyperfine structure of high lying levels of Niobium I", Physica Scripta 78,
13. S.B. Bayram and
R.W. Coons*, "Operation of a frequency-narrowed high-beam quality
broad-area laser by a passively stabilized external-cavity technique",
Rev. Sci. Instrum. 78, 116103 (2007). PDF
12. B.L. Sands*, M.J. Welsh, S. Kin*, R. Marhatta*, J.D.
Hinkle, and S.B. Bayram, "Raman Scattering spectroscopy of
liquid nitrogen molecules: An advanced undergraduate physics laboratory
experiment", American Journal of Physics 75, 488-495 (2007). PDF Featured on the journal cover AJP
11. Brian L. Sands* and S. Burçin Bayram, "Characteristics of a high-power broad-area laser operating in a
passively stabilized external cavity", Applied Optics 46, 3829-3835 (2007). PDF
Bayram, M.D. Havey, M.S. Safronova, A. Sieradzan, "Nonlinear optical approach to
matrix-element spectroscopy of the 5s2S1/2 - 5p2Pj – 5d2Dj’ transitions
in 87Rb", J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 39, 1-16 (2006). PDF
9. S.B. Bayram, S. Kin*, M.J. Welsh, J.D. Hinkle, "Collisional depolarization of
Zeeman coherences in the 133Cs 6p2P3/2 level: double
resonance two-photon polarization spectroscopy", Phys. Rev. A 73,
042713 (2006). PDF
8. S.B. Bayram and T.E. Chupp, “Operation of a single mode
external-cavity laser diode array near 780 nm,” Review of Scientific Instruments 73, 4169-4171 (2002). PDF Featured on the Optics & Photonics News PDF
7. A. Markhotok, S.B. Bayram,
A. Sieradzan, and M.D.Havey, “Precision
polarization measurements of the 6s2S1/2-6p2Pj Rayleigh Scattering Spectrum in
Atomic Cs,” J. Applied Physics 92, 1613 (2002). PDF
Williams, S.B. Bayram, S.C. Rand, T.Hinklin, R.M. Laine, "Laser Action
in strongly scattering rare-earth-doped dielectric nanophosphors," Phys Rev A
65, 013807 (2002). PDF
5. S.B. Bayram, M.D. Havey, D.V. Kupriyanov and I.M. Sokolov, "Anomalous Depolarization of the 5p 2Pj - 8p 2Pj' Transitions in Atomic 87Rb," Phys. Rev.
A62, 012503 (2000). PDF
4. S.B. Bayram,
M.Havey, M.Rosu, A. Sieradzan, A. Derevianko, and W.R. Johnson, "Precision study of the 5p2Pj- 5d2D3/2 transition matrix elements in atomic 87Rb," Phys. Rev.
A61, 050502 (Rapid Communications) (2000). PDF
3. M.D. Havey, S.B.
Bayram, D.A. Olsgaard, H.O. Thurman, D.V. Kupriyanov, I.M. Sokolov, A.V.
Slavgorodskii and A.I. Trubilko, "Two-photon Transitions in the Continuum Spectrum in
Mg-rare-gas Atom Fractional Optical Collisions," Optics and Spectroscopy 87, 683 (1999). PDF
2. R. Lasell, S.B. Bayram, M. Havey, D.V. Kupriyanov and
S.V. Subbotin, "Polarization-Dependent Mg (3p1P1 -> 5s1S0 , 4d1D2 )- Rare-Gas Atom Excited-State Optical Collisions:Experiment and
Theory," Phys. Rev. A56, 2095 (1997). PDF
1. R.A. Lasell, D.A. Olsgaard, S.B. Bayram,
M.D. Havey, and Dmitriy V. Kuprianov, "Polarization Spectra of Excited-state Mg(3p) - rare Gas
Atom Optical Collisions," Phys. Rev. A 50, 423 (1994) [Erratum: Phys. Rev. A58, 779,1 (1998)]. PDF