Presentations & Workshops
- Thinking Like a First Year Student: Academic Librarians' Educational Role (ACRL Instruction Section Discussion Forum with Jessica Long and Beth Tumbleson at ALA Annual Conference 2014)
- iPad, YouPad: Circulating iPad Collections in Academic Libraries (ACRL Preconference workshop with Jessica Long and Beth Tumbleson at ALA Annual Conference 2014)
- Librarians in the Cloud: eLearning Meets Information Literacy (Panel session with Cass Kvenild, Kaijsa Calkins, and Beth Tumbleson at DLS 2014)
- Becoming Part of the LMS Sandwich: The Embedded Librarian in the Learning Management System (Presentation with Beth Tumbleson and Jessica Long at IOLUG 2013)
- Libraries Remain Relevant: Circulating iPads (Presentation with Chris Mull and Beth Tumbleson at ALAO 2013)
- The New Face of Textbooks: Guiding Faculty Toward Alternatives (Poster session with Carrie Girton at ALAO 2013)
- Don't Space Out!: Re-envisioning and Revitalizing Library Space (Poster session with Jessica Long and Beth Tumbleson at ACRL 2013)
- Invited Guests: Embedded Librarians in the Learning Management System (SOCHE Talk 2012)
- A Foot in the Door: Marketing LMS Embedded Librarianship to Faculty (Presentation with Beth Tumbleson at ALAO 2012)
- Inside Job: Embedded Librarianship in the LMS (Presentation with Beth Tumbleson at ALAO IIG Workshop 2012)
- Comfort Food for All: The Scalability of LMS Embedded Librarianship (Presentation with Beth Tumbleson at LOEX 2012)
- Research to Go: Taking an Information Literacy Course Online (Presentation with Jessie Long and Beth Tumbleson at DLS 2012)
- Transition Mission: Academic & School Librarian Collaboration for Student Success (Presentation with Beth Tumbleson and Cheri Pandora at ALAO 2011)
- This Old Library: Revitalizing Your Library Space Through Moving, Mixing, Mashing, and (a Little) Money (Presentation with Beth Tumbleson and Jessica Long at ALAO 2011)
- A Declaration of Embeddedness: Instructional Synergies and Sustaining Practices in LMS Embedded Librarianship (Presentation with Beth Tumbleson at ACRL 2011)
- Audiovisual Conundrums: Legality vs. Equality With Media Resources (Presentation at INOV8: Revitalizing Distance Learning Conference, ALAO DLIG, 2011)
- When Life Hands You Lemons: Overcoming Obstacles to Expand Services in an Embedded Librarian Program (Presentation with Beth Tumbleson at 14th Off-Campus Library Services Conference in 2010)
- Are You Ready to Roll?: Expected Technology Competencies and the Library Worker (Presentation at Michigan Library Association 2009 Annual Conference and as a Technology Spotlight at ALAO 2009)
- Faculty-Librarian Collaboration in New Spaces: The Blackboard Embedded Librarian (Presentation with Beth Tumbleson and Sarah Frye at Michigan Library Association 2009 Annual Conference)
- Embedded Librarians Meet Students in Space (Presentation with Beth Tumbleson and Sarah Frye at the Academic Library Association of Ohio 2009 Annual Conference)
- Use Your Powers for Good, and Not for Evil: Expected Technology Competencies and the Library Worker (Presentation at OLSSI 2009)
- The Perfect Number is Three: An Ad Hoc Alliance Takes on Technology Fluency Assessment (Presentation with Ellenmarie Wahlrab and Andrea Han at SEED 2009).
- Faculty-Librarian Collaboration: the Blackboard Embedded Librarian (Presentation with Beth Tumbleson, Sarah Frye, and Ellenmarie Wahlrab at AURCO 2009).
- Library 2.0 PDQ: Meeting the Challenges of the Rapid Growth of Distance Learning and Off-site Courses at a University Regional Campus (presentation with Beth Tumbleson at 2008 LITA National Forum).
- Textbooks on Reserve Programs at Regional Campus Libraries (Presentation with Krista McDonald at AURCO 2008).
- You Can't Do That!: Library-Initiated Textbooks on Reserve Programs (Presentation with Krista McDonald at ALAO 2007).
- Calling on Q: Library Applications of Mashups and Customized Search Engines (Speed update at OPAL '007).
- Defeating Dr. No: Library Initiated Textbooks on Reserve Programs (Presentation with Krista McDonald at OPAL '007). Here is the PowerPoint and the handout (PDF).
- Life Preserver or Anchor?: Implementing a Textbooks on Reserve Program in the Library (Poster session with Krista McDonald at ACRL 2007) Here is the handout from the session and a file of slides from the poster itself (both in PDF).
- Next Steps: Continuing Your Education and Pursuing Certification - OLSSI 2006 - links
- Part-Time Author, Full-Time Librarian - Ohio Library Council Annual Conference 2005
- Extreme Makeover: Library Edition - OPAL Annual Conference 2005
- Beyond Point and Click -- Taking Web-Based Pedagogy to a New Level - ODCE 2005