Bridge was named after Solomon Christman, who had a farm south of the
bridge site. Solomon Christman also had a water powered sawmill and
remnants of the mill trace can still be seen near the road, 200 yards
west of the bridge. Christman Bridge spans Seven Mile Creek. Evret S.
Sherman constructed the 100 foot Christman Bridge in 1895. Of the six
covered bridges in Preble County built by Sherman, all are constructed
with the Child's truss. The interior of Christman Bridge has horizontal
floor planking with two lengthwise runners. The exterior has a red/white
tin roof and .white plank siding with projected portals. With a single
span, the bridge sets on stone abutments with concrete assistance. The
bridge was strengthened in 1920 and once again in 1960. Christman Bridge
is open to local traffic and is listed on the National Register of Historic
Bridge can be found northwest of Eaton on Eaton-New Hope Road.