Applications are collected right now! Click
here for the application form.
Submit the application
to Dr. Anna Ghazaryan (BAC 222, firstname.lastname@example.org).
The payment will be
collected in April.
July 13 -August
Anna Ghazaryan (email@example.com) ,
Dr. Vahagn Manukian (firstname.lastname@example.org), www.users.miamioh.edu/manukive
to London and enrich the standard content of mathematics
classes by gaining global perspective!
- Earn six Miami University
credits in Mathematics while living in London, United
Kingdom, for 5 weeks.
- Satisfy the Global Perspectives Miami Requirement,
which takes 9 credit hours if taken at Miami University.
- Students will have long weekends for exploring
London and independent travel in Europe.
- Classes are taught by Miami faculty, cover
the same material as when taught at Miami University, and
are enriched by cultural international experience.
- Classes are held at Richmond University,
- The program is organized by American Institute for
Included in the program
Click here for a slide
presentation about the program.
- Housing in student residence within central
London, with fully equipped kitchens, linens and free
- London travel pass;
- half-day bus tour of London;
- welcome and farewell dinners;
- ticket for a West End production;
- trip to Oxford University;
- trip to Brighton;
- ticket for a flight on the London Eye;
- and more...
The two mathematical courses which will be offered in
London are MTH 435 Mathematical Modeling Seminar MPC
and your choice of MTH 411 Foundations of Geometry or
MTH410 Topics in Geometry. The classes satisfy
Miami Global Perspectives requirement and can count toward
- requirements for a minor in
or requirements towards a major in
Mathematics or Mathematics and Statistics
will depend on the subjects and may include
Linear Algebra, MTH 222 and
Calculus III (MTH 252) or
permission of the instructor.
Contact us if you are
interested in going but do not have Calculus III, we will
let you know what you can do to get the permission to
The classes are scheduled to provider 4 day long weekends
for personal travel.
10-11 students are enrolled, then the fee per person is
If 12-14, $4445.
or more, $4275.
The fees do not include airfare.
Application deadline: February 6, 2014. We
would like to know as soon as possible if you are
planning to participate. Submit the application now.
The payment for the program will not be collected
until April 2014.