Urayama Laboratory Home Page
Biophysics and Biotechnology at High Pressures
Metabolic Sensing, Microscopy Imaging,
Last Updated: December 05, 2018.
We are a predominately-undergraduate,
research-active physics department.
My passion to actively involve undergraduate and master's
students in biophysical and biotechnological research.
Student research involvement fosters critical
thinking, confidence, and a deeper appreciation of science
regardless of career objectives.
Interested in joining the lab? Click here
for more information.
~ LAB NEWS ~
- 2018-12-05: Congratulations to Andy Rodriguez and Max Kreider who received an Undergraduate Research Award grant for their project.
- 2018-11-30: Our paper has been accepted to RSC Advances. Congratulations to lab alumni Jeff Maltas, Dylan Palo, Darren Wong, Symeon Stefan, James O'Connor, Nazar Al Aayedi, Madhu Gaire, and Diana Kinn.
- 2018-05-14: Welcome to Shannon Bunch. She is spending the summer with us through the LSAMP program at Sinclair CC.
- 2018-05-14: Carolina Vissers is awarded an Arfken Summer Scholars award, and Zhifan Cai is awarded an Edwards Summer Scholars award. Thank you to Prof. Kelly for his generous support.
- 2018-05-09: Congratulations to Darren Wong, Carolina Vissers, and Zhifan Cai for receiving Commendation in Undergraduate Research awards at the Department's annual awards seminar.
- 2018-04-25: Darren Wong, Carolina Vissers, Zhifan Cai, Andy Rodriguez, and Max Kreider present posters at the 24th Annual Undergraduate Research Forum.
- 2018-02-18: Darren Wong presented a poster at the 62nd Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society.
- 2018-01-05: Congratulations to Nazar Al-Aayedi, who successfully defended his master's thesis.
- 2017-06-07: Our paper has been accepted at Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. Congratulations Dylan Palo, Jeff Maltas, and Laxmi Risal.
- 2017-05-24: Darren Wong presented a poster at the annual CMSB symposium, on campus.
- 2017-05-13: Congratulations to the Class of 2017!
- 2017-05-03: Congratulations to Dylan Palo, a recipient of the Outstanding Undergraduate Student Researcher Award at the Department's annual awards seminar. Symeon Stefan, Martin Heidelman, and Darren Wong also received Commendation in Undergraduate Research awards.
- 2017-04-25: Darren Wong has been named a 2018 College of Arts and Science Dean's Scholar and is a 2017 Undergraduate Summer Scholar.
- 2017-04-25: Martin Heidelman will be attending Miami University for his master's degree in physics.
- 2017-01-31: Andrew Ray has been accepted to his top-choice masters in public health program. Wohoo!
- 2017-01-20: Dylan Palo has been accepted to his two top-choice physics doctoral programs. Congratulations!
OLDER LAB NEWS
from International Innovation, describing our
~ UNIVERSITY NEWS
RELEASES AND NEWS ITEMS ~
~ PAST FUNDING ~