Urayama Laboratory Home Page
Biophysics and Biotechnology at High Pressures
Metabolic Sensing, Microscopy Imaging,
Last Updated: July 31, 2019.
We are a predominately-undergraduate,
research-active physics department.
My passion to actively involve undergraduate and master's
students in biophysical and biotechnological research.
Student research involvement fosters critical
thinking, confidence, and a deeper appreciation of science
regardless of career objectives.
Interested in joining the lab? Click here
for more information.
~ LAB NEWS ~
- 2019-07-30: Congratulations to Martin Heidelman who successfully defended his master's thesis.
- 2019-05-23: Audrey Short (2018 Goldwater Scholar) is profiled on the Goldwater Foundation web site. (link to profile)
- 2019-05-16: Audrey Short has successfully defended her departmental honors project. Congratulations!
- 2019-05-09: Audrey Short received the Outstanding Senior Award, the Department's highest award for a graduating senior.
- 2019-05-09: Kevin Karney, Max Kreider, Andy Rodriguez, and Audrey Short received Commendation in Undergraduate Research awards at the Department's annual awards seminar.
- 2019-05-02: Max Kreider was named a 2020 CAS Dean's Scholar.
- 2019-04-24: Audrey Short and Kevin Karney presented posters at the 25th Annual Undergraduate Research Forum.
- 2019-04-15: Max Kreider received an Undergraduate Summer Scholars award; Andy Rodriguez will participate in the REU program at Yale University.
- 2019-04-15: Congratulations on doctoral program admissions: Audrey Short (UC Berkeley, biophysics), Martin Heidelman (Notre Dame, physics).
- 2019-03-06: Audrey Short, Martin Heidelman, Max Kreider, Andy Rodriguez, Darren Wong, Nazar Al Aayedi, and Zhifan Cai are co-authors on a poster presented at the 63rd Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society.
- 2019-02-26: Max Kreider and Andy Rodriguez received a 2019-2020 Cancer Research Award grant for their project.
- 2018-12-10: Martin Heidelman successfully presented his master's prospectus. Congratulations!
- 2018-12-05: Andy Rodriguez and Max Kreider received an Undergraduate Research Award grant for their project.
- 2018-11-30: Our paper was accepted to RSC Advances. Congratulations to lab alumni Jeff Maltas, Dylan Palo, Darren Wong, Symeon Stefan, James O'Connor, Nazar Al Aayedi, Madhu Gaire, and Diana Kinn.
- 2018-05-14: Welcome to Shannon Bunch. She is spending the summer with us through the LSAMP program at Sinclair CC.
- 2018-05-14: Carolina Vissers received an Arfken Summer Scholars award, and Zhifan Cai receieved an Edwards Summer Scholars award. Thank you to Prof. Kelly for his generous support.
- 2018-05-09: Darren Wong, Carolina Vissers, and Zhifan Cai received Commendation in Undergraduate Research awards at the Department's annual awards seminar.
- 2018-04-25: Darren Wong, Carolina Vissers, Zhifan Cai, Andy Rodriguez, and Max Kreider presented posters at the 24th Annual Undergraduate Research Forum.
- 2018-02-18: Darren Wong presented a poster at the 62nd Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society.
- 2018-01-05: Congratulations to Nazar Al-Aayedi, who successfully defended his master's thesis.
OLDER LAB NEWS
from International Innovation, describing our
~ UNIVERSITY NEWS
RELEASES AND NEWS ITEMS ~
~ PAST FUNDING ~