Urayama Laboratory Home Page
Biophysics and Biotechnology at High Pressures
Metabolic Sensing, Microscopy Imaging,
Last Updated: June 7, 2017.
We are a predominately-undergraduate,
research-active physics department.
My passion to actively involve undergraduate and master's
students in biophysical and biotechnological research.
Student research involvement fosters critical
thinking, confidence, and a deeper appreciation of science
regardless of career objectives.
Interested in joining the lab? There are
lots of projects and opportunities.
for more information.
~ LAB NEWS ~
- 2017-06-07: Our paper has been accepted at Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. Congratulations Dylan Palo, Jeff Maltas, and Laxmi Risal.
- 2017-05-24: Darren Wong presented a poster at the annual CMSB symposium, on campus.
- 2017-05-13: Congratulations to the Class of 2017!
- 2017-05-03: Congratulations to Dylan Palo, a recipient of the Outstanding Undergraduate Student Researcher Award at the Department's annual awards seminar. Symeon Stefan, Martin Heidelman, and Darren Wong also received Commendation in Undergraduate Research awards.
- 2017-04-25: Darren Wong has been named a 2018 College of Arts and Science Dean's Scholar and is a 2017 Undergraduate Summer Scholar.
- 2017-04-25: Martin Heidelman will be attending Miami University for his master's degree in physics.
- 2017-04-10: Paul Urayama is featured on the Barry Goldwater Scholarship web site.
- 2017-01-31: Andrew Ray has been accepted to his top-choice masters in public health program. Wohoo!
- 2017-01-20: Dylan Palo has been accepted to his two top-choice physics doctoral programs. Congratulations!
- 2016-10-15: Congratulations to Dylan Palo, who has been accepted to the 2017 Optics and Photonics Winter School and Workshop at the University of Arizona.
- 2016-10-10: Congratulations to Symeon Stefan. He was accepted to his top-choice dental program, and plans a career in endodontics or oral surgery.
- 2016-09-01: Dylan Palo is featured on a College of Arts and Science Student Spotlight.
- 2016-07-01: Millicent Gikunda and Laxmi Risal have successfully defended their master's thesis. Madhu Gaire will defend in a few weeks. All are off to doctoral programs in physics. Best wishes!
- 2016-05-14: Congratulations to the Class of 2016! And thank you for the Class's departmental teaching award. Sorry for all the tough exams, but you studied hard and did well. Best wishes and I look forward to hearing of your experiences.
- 2016-05-12: Symeon Stefan has been awarded an Undergraduate Research Award!
- 2016-05-04: Diana Kinn, James O'Connor, Dylan Palo, and Symeon Stefan have been awarded departmental Commendation in Undergraduate Research awards!
- 2016-04-26: Congratulations to Dylan Palo (physics) and Symeon Stefan (biology) for being named 2017 College of Arts and Science Dean's Scholars!
- 2016-03-24: Congratulations to Millicent Gikunda and Madhu Gaire! They've been accepted to doctoral programs.
- 2016-03-02: Just returned from the 60th Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society. Dylan Palo did great work presenting his poster. I served on a panel called "Research Programs at PUIs: Founding, Establishing, and Maintaining a Research Laboratory."
- 2016-02-15: Congratulations to Diana Kinn, Laxmi Risal, and James O'Connor! They've been accepted to medical school or doctoral programs.
OLDER LAB NEWS
from International Innovation, describing our
~ UNIVERSITY NEWS
~ FUNDING ~