Urayama Laboratory Home Page
Biophysics and Biotechnology at High Pressures
Metabolic Sensing, Microscopy Imaging,
Last Updated: March 03, 2018.
We are a predominately-undergraduate,
research-active physics department.
My passion to actively involve undergraduate and master's
students in biophysical and biotechnological research.
Student research involvement fosters critical
thinking, confidence, and a deeper appreciation of science
regardless of career objectives.
Interested in joining the lab? There are
lots of projects and opportunities.
for more information.
~ LAB NEWS ~
- 2018-02-18: Darren Wong presented a poster at the 62nd Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society.
- 2018-01-05: Congratulations to Nazar Al-Aayedi, who successfully defended his master's thesis.
- 2017-06-07: Our paper has been accepted at Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. Congratulations Dylan Palo, Jeff Maltas, and Laxmi Risal.
- 2017-05-24: Darren Wong presented a poster at the annual CMSB symposium, on campus.
- 2017-05-13: Congratulations to the Class of 2017!
- 2017-05-03: Congratulations to Dylan Palo, a recipient of the Outstanding Undergraduate Student Researcher Award at the Department's annual awards seminar. Symeon Stefan, Martin Heidelman, and Darren Wong also received Commendation in Undergraduate Research awards.
- 2017-04-25: Darren Wong has been named a 2018 College of Arts and Science Dean's Scholar and is a 2017 Undergraduate Summer Scholar.
- 2017-04-25: Martin Heidelman will be attending Miami University for his master's degree in physics.
- 2017-04-10: Paul Urayama is featured on the Barry Goldwater Scholarship web site.
- 2017-01-31: Andrew Ray has been accepted to his top-choice masters in public health program. Wohoo!
- 2017-01-20: Dylan Palo has been accepted to his two top-choice physics doctoral programs. Congratulations!
OLDER LAB NEWS
from International Innovation, describing our
~ UNIVERSITY NEWS
~ PAST FUNDING ~