Urayama Laboratory Home Page
Biophysics and Biotechnology at High Pressures
Metabolic Sensing, Microscopy Imaging,
Last Updated: April 16, 2019.
We are a predominately-undergraduate,
research-active physics department.
My passion to actively involve undergraduate and master's
students in biophysical and biotechnological research.
Student research involvement fosters critical
thinking, confidence, and a deeper appreciation of science
regardless of career objectives.
Interested in joining the lab? Click here
for more information.
~ LAB NEWS ~
- 2019-04-15: Max Kreider has received an Undergraduate Summer Scholars award; Andy Rodriguez well be participating in the REU program at Yale University.
- 2019-04-15: Congratulations on doctoral program admissions: Audrey Short (UC Berkeley), Martin Heidelman (Notre Dame).
- 2019-03-06: Audrey Short, Martin Heidelman, Max Kreider, Andy Rodriguez, Darren Wong, Nazar Al Aayedi, and Zhifan Cai are co-authors on a poster presented at the 63rd Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society.
- 2019-02-26: Congratulations to Max Kreider and Andy Rodriguez who received a 2019-2020 Cancer Research Award grant for their project.
- 2018-12-10: Martin Heidelman successfully presented his master's prospectus. Congratulations!
- 2018-12-05: Congratulations to Andy Rodriguez and Max Kreider who received an Undergraduate Research Award grant for their project.
- 2018-11-30: Our paper has been accepted to RSC Advances. Congratulations to lab alumni Jeff Maltas, Dylan Palo, Darren Wong, Symeon Stefan, James O'Connor, Nazar Al Aayedi, Madhu Gaire, and Diana Kinn.
- 2018-05-14: Welcome to Shannon Bunch. She is spending the summer with us through the LSAMP program at Sinclair CC.
- 2018-05-14: Carolina Vissers is awarded an Arfken Summer Scholars award, and Zhifan Cai is awarded an Edwards Summer Scholars award. Thank you to Prof. Kelly for his generous support.
- 2018-05-09: Congratulations to Darren Wong, Carolina Vissers, and Zhifan Cai for receiving Commendation in Undergraduate Research awards at the Department's annual awards seminar.
- 2018-04-25: Darren Wong, Carolina Vissers, Zhifan Cai, Andy Rodriguez, and Max Kreider present posters at the 24th Annual Undergraduate Research Forum.
- 2018-02-18: Darren Wong presented a poster at the 62nd Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society.
- 2018-01-05: Congratulations to Nazar Al-Aayedi, who successfully defended his master's thesis.
OLDER LAB NEWS
from International Innovation, describing our
~ UNIVERSITY NEWS
RELEASES AND NEWS ITEMS ~
~ PAST FUNDING ~